The basics of using WebAdMIT APIs.
All of our APIs are designed to allow permissioned users to look up, modify, or run tasks from a direct back-end API. This allows technically-savvy users of WebAdMIT to automate the retrieval of data from WebAdMIT for integration into other on-campus systems.
The following key points and conventions are followed:
The root for all API calls is https://DOMAIN.webadmit.org. DOMAIN is your organization domain name. The default DOMAIN is api (https://api.webadmit.org)
All examples in this documentation use the default domain.
- This is a REST-based API that will be accessed over a standard HTTP/HTTPS API client library such as
HttpClient(all requests must use HTTPS).
- Access is controlled by user identities, permissions, and API keys.
- The user’s API key must be passed for every API request, and will be passed in the HTTP header of the request using the
- Our API rate limit defines the maximum number of calls that can be made in a specified time period
- All API requests will be
POSTactions against RESTful paths.
- Response bodies from API calls will be JSON objects and arrays.
To browse available API endpoints, please use the navigation at the top of your screen.